Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sabrina


was a riding a pony for Halloween, but she actually wore the costume for days. She is obsessed with horses, just like I was. I begged for a pony for years. I wanted to keep it at Gramma Helen's, as she had plenty of room on her property (nevermind who would actually care for it). I couldn't wait for the Fair every year for the pony rides, and I pretended my blue schwinn bike was a horse named Misty.
This is probably because I grew up in the 80's: the era of unicorns, pegasuses (pegasi?), my little pony, and when Barbie had her horses Dallas and Midnight. I never got a Midnight.
I thought every little girl felt the same as me, but in talking to my friends I realize I may have been a little extreme.
But I watch Sabrina playing with my old horse figurines, and such a perfect little kid sharing my obsession makes me feel like it wasn't so weird after all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You keep that thought. Love John

11/06/2006 2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU..EXTREME..NAHHH..I AM SO GLAD YOUR WONDERFUL MOM SAVED THOSE ALL THOSE HORSES!!

11/06/2006 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home