Wednesday, August 16, 2006

29 years ago today...



the world lost a great man. Yes, he was fat and greasy and wearing jumpsuits, but he was still a great man. Like many others, I prefer the young Elvis...fresh-faced, pre-dyed black hair. If I were around then I would have cried and screamed and fainted with the best of them.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the 70's Elvis too. I especially recommend Live at Madison Square Garden (on CD and DVD) where he performs a moving rendition of "In the Ghetto".
There are some not-so-pleasant things I've heard about him, especially from my mother-in-law whose college roommate dated him. And yes, it did tarnish the glow a little. But nonetheless, I find him dreamy. Besides, doesn't everyone need a little Elvis in their life?
Miss you big guy! TCB!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin your 10 years off...comon now!!! Ill never forget where I was..my dad was drivin me home in Carson City in our old Monte Carlo!!!

8/16/2006 9:09 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Just TCB when I told you about the King & P.J.! Walker was 2 and Mark was 5 mos. old. I remember I couldn't get a hold of Wally on the phone (no cells yet), and I truely thought he left to make the pilgrimage back to Graceland.

8/16/2006 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home