Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day...


Well I had been feeling pretty down lately, not getting anything done, not very happy with myself. And it made me even more sad to put my parents on the plane on Monday. Cried all the way home from the airport thinking how bored everyone would be the next day without each other.
Anyway, I almost cancelled our dinner plans last night because I think Marlo's getting sick. But Lane convinced me she'd be happy to hold a crying baby. So Mark and I went to Ruth's Chris steakhouse. And it was so nice to go out to eat like real grown ups, to have someone valet the car, to have three different people offer me refills for my iced tea. And my sweet husband gave me lots of presents...put a filet mignon on top of that and how could you not feel renewed?
So I am feeling very grateful and very blessed for everything, especially Mark, who knows me better than anyone does...and he still loves me.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I'm so glad you had a nice night and a lovely dinner! 143

2/14/2007 3:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The closer we get, the more I love you.

2/14/2007 6:18 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

i am so sorry to hear you have been feeling down lately, sometimes i feel like motherhood can be a lonely thing (not sure why maybe because you are more aware of what special moments your loved ones are missing)... hard to explain but i can relate to your feelings. so glad to hear you had a good night, you deserve it. you are such a great mother to marlo and both mark and marlo are so lucky to have you.

2/14/2007 9:48 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

You and Mark are so blessed to have such a great relationship. I love you both so much...(and the little sugarpie)!

2/15/2007 2:27 AM  
Blogger Auntie Ann said...

Im glad you had fun. sometimes you need a night like that just to keep you going for a little while longer...Im so glad mark is good to you, that makes me happy.

2/15/2007 9:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mark is very lucky, also.

2/15/2007 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you had such a nice Valintines day. We had such a wonderful time at your home!!! We were also sad to leave. Good to hear that you had a good time and meal at Ruth's Chris. Take care we LOVE you!!!

2/15/2007 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home