Monday, March 01, 2010

bathtime

2-28-10
2-28-10

I just started bathing them together. They have so much fun splashing and yelling and they cry when I take them out.

So tomorrow they go in for surgery to have ear tubes placed. They have had ear infections and been on antibiotics for more than a month and it's just not clearing. The doctor says it's a really simple, short procedure. They'll be under general anesthesia but just with a mask, no IVs or breathing assistance needed.

I am typing all these things like I'm totally okay with it, but I don't think I'll wrap my mind around it until it's right in front of me.

I just know that it's what we've got to do, and it's the best thing for them in the long run. Then hopefully next time they get a cold, that's all it will be, and they can get on with their frogs and snails and puppy dog tails.

5 Comments:

Anonymous GP John said...

Sounds like all went well today. Boy I'm sure the water really is flying around the bathroom when those two are together!! Love to all

3/02/2010 3:37 PM  
Blogger Auntie Di said...

My cousins are cute!!!


Love, Sabrina

3/02/2010 3:51 PM  
Blogger Auntie Di said...

Those photos make me smile..so funny!!

3/02/2010 3:53 PM  
Blogger Dana G said...

Tubes in the ears? So DeWitt! I was lucky with jake and ty, they did not have to have them--but most of the DeWitt grandkids have had to have tubes put in or tonsils taken out! They will be fine. They are looking so big-boy.

3/02/2010 5:28 PM  
Blogger MJD said...

Hope everything went ok today. Thinking about you and your family!

3/02/2010 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home