Monday, August 21, 2006

My daughter


This may be my favorite picture of Marlo. It just captures her sweet spirit. Today I was thinking of how much I wanted to be a mother. I looked forward to it all of my life. I knew I could do it, I knew I had so much love to give, I wanted so badly for it to happen. I think of how much everyone loved her and wanted her before she was even born...the baby shower and all the gifts. My mom and sister glued to my side that last days of my pregnancy, as if staring at me would start contractions. Everyone coming to the hospital when I was in labor and after she was born. I look forward to telling her how everyone was waiting for her.
My whole pregnancy I wondered what my child would look like, what her temperament would be, her likes and dislikes, her talents, her dreams.
I could have never imagined her to be so precious and perfect, nor could I have known what joy she would bring to my life, that just one of her little smiles would literally make my day.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss that lil chubber...sorry im not up that often...I wont always be so busy

8/23/2006 1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the best picture ever! She is a very previous little girl and I can't wait to see her again. Looking at her in her new fancy chair, it is hard to believe that she is barely 4 months old. She is very smart and strong and beautiful.

Erin, I knew you just wanted to be a mom. . .

8/23/2006 9:11 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

she is so sweet and you are such a great mother. The love that you have for your child is truly indescribable, nothing else like it in the world.

8/24/2006 7:57 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

She is so perfect and precious. I never thought that I would love Grandchildren like my own. But it is amazing how much love one heart can hold...and how that love keeps growing. What is more heart-warming than to see your child become a parent? I love both of you, and I am so proud.

8/27/2006 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home