Sunday, March 04, 2007

Happy Birthday, UB!


It was my uncle Bob's birthday on February 29th. I hadn't posted because I was trying to find this photo of him barbequing oysters at my Grandma's, which he dutifully does every Superbowl, but I can't find it. It's somewhere with other actual photos, precious memories I've tucked away somewhere.
Anyway, UB worked for the Department of Fish and Game and he is an expert hunter and fisherman. He has killed a lot of things! The past few years he's been fishing tuna in Mexico and then he drops some off at the port in San Diego where he has them filleted and packed for Amy and me. Which is really nice of him, but he is a really nice guy!
And in spite of all the tales of his trips to the bathroom (or lack of a bathroom at times) he is really a gentleman. Whenever we have dinner at Grandma's, he waits till all the women are served and seated before he gets his meal. Then he sits where Grandma Helen wants him to, and she tells him what to eat and how to eat it.
And since his birthday's on leap year day, he's only like fifteen years old. How great is that? Happy Birthday UB! You're the best!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That looks like UB in the painting, except UB's fish would be a least twice the size of that one!

3/05/2007 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home