Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The last of them

but probably my most favorite.








It was Marlo's first time painting, and I was amazed at her patience. She and Sabrina sat together for over an hour. She was really into it most of the time, but then she'd get giggly, and Sabrina would get exasperated because she was trying to concentrate.

Sabrina wanted her painting to be perfect, and was trying so hard to stay in the lines. I even heard her tell herself, "Okay, Sabrina, don't shake."

Remind you of anybody?

I love these photos, because they remind me of how I felt right then. Those two beautiful little girls painting together, my mom and I sitting there reading our books in the perfect weather at an amazing house where I was able to be with my family for a whole week...I was, and still am, overwhelmed with such love and gratitude.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

O boy O joy I get the first comment. Such sweet photos!! You really caught the mood of Marlo and Sabrina. Thanks for these they make me feel good too and how great life is and how fast life moves PLEASE slow down. Love you GP JOHN

8/22/2008 3:31 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I'm so glad you were able to be with your whole family at such a beautiful retreat!
That Marlo is somethin' else...

8/23/2008 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home