Monday, September 22, 2008

The freakiest thing happened to me today

I was changing Marlo in the cargo area of the Jeep and a spider landed on my arm. I felt it land, not the tickling of its legs, but the weight of it. I freaked and shook it off me and got Marlo out of there.

I know, they're just spiders, and they're part of the food chain and blah blah blah. But I have a justified fear of all things buggy for two reasons: 1) a moth flew into my ear when I was little and 2) my grandma was bitten by a brown recluse spider.

So I checked all over the back of the car, emptied the diaper bag and poked all around because I didn't want to leave that beast in the car to crawl into Marlo's carseat. But I could not find it.

So we walk across the parking lot and onto the sidewalk (which takes a long time when you're holding hands with a toddler).

We're walking along and I see movement out of the corner of my eye and it's the spider INSIDE MY SUNGLASSES, MILLIMETERS FROM MY EYEBALL.


I threw my glasses on the ground and refrained from stomping on them. I didn't want to kill it in front of Marlo, but I probably should have. It had fangs and looked like this, only hairier:



Sorry you had to see it, but imagine practically batting it with your eyelashes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Ann said...

EEEWWWWW! I hate NOTHING more...Im serious. We had a brown recluse in our house...im not even kidding.

9/22/2008 10:51 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

This story makes me sick...I come from a long line of spider haters!

9/22/2008 11:09 PM  
Blogger MJD said...

I.Would.Freak. The other day there was a huge black widow in the garage. Like you, I saw the shadow of it, not the actual spider initially. I tried to get Scott to use chemicals and FLAME to kill it. At that moment if he wanted to burn the garage down, I probably would have let him.

9/23/2008 6:45 AM  
Blogger Auntie Di said...

This sounds like something that would have got a lot of hits on You Tube...I bet the parking lot has security video cameras...SPIDERMOM RESCUES SPIDERGIRL!!!

9/23/2008 11:12 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

ooohhhh noooo

that freaks me.

9/25/2008 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home