Tuesday, July 19, 2011

if you don't have anything nice to say...

don't say anything at all, right?

I haven't posted anything for awhile for that reason. It's too hard to pretend that everything's just fine when it's not. The truth is the twins have been so difficult with fits and fighting and refusing to sleep that all I want to do is throw a fit myself.

It's typical mom stuff I guess: exhaustion, isloation, frustration. But aside from the vacation and nanny and housekeeper we all need, I want things to change. I want to have fun with my kids. Show them new things and let them explore. But we're stalled by battles of getting into their carseats and keeping them off the counter. Grocery shopping is a monumental feat navigating a double wide stroller and a shopping cart. But if you can't get milk and diapers, you just can't move forward in life, I tell you.

Anyway, these are old pics of them "coloring". Thank goodness for washable and non toxic.

Photobucket
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

oh erin, my friend! love those boys but they are double trouble!! :) it does get easier but "when" is the question! i keep thinking things are going to get easier, boy am i wrong!! love ya...and the blue marker on the lips is perfect, he has been practicing with your chapstick/lip gloss

7/19/2011 12:03 PM  
Blogger {The Christian's} said...

Erin, I can't imagine boys x 2! My little guy just turned 3 and in the past 4-5 months has become quite the explorer! He loves to get into everything...he keeps me busy that's for sure!

I can't remember if I shared this blog with you before or not. It is a friend of mine who has 6 kids under the age of 7, including two sets of twin girls! It is a great blog to read and reminds all of us moms that no one is perfect and we are all trying to do our best! Here is the link: http://savvylittlewomen.blogspot.com/

7/21/2011 9:45 AM  
Anonymous GP John said...

Hope things are a little better today. Love ya

7/26/2011 7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home