Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy Birthday, Grandma Pat!


I could never say enough good things about my mom. I admire her so much. She works so hard and does so much for others, whether it be her clients, her Sunday school kids, her family, or her many friends. But no matter what is on her plate, it's clear that nothing is more important to her than her children and grandchildren.
I remember one time when I was about five, so Amy was about three, and Mom was letting us wrap presents at the kitchen table. (This involved about three pieces of paper and a roll of tape per gift, but my mom never cared).
So as Amy was working hard on her wrap job, I reached up and gave my mom a big hug and I said, "Did you feel that?"
and she said, "Feel what, sweetie?"
and I said, "I just squeezed all my love into you!"
and she said, "Oh, do it again!"
I have always carried that moment with me, because as I child it struck me how happy it made her to have a little bit of my affection. I realized how much she truly loved me. As I got older I saw it as my mom did...that those childhood moments are so precious and you have to cherish every bit of them.
I am so grateful for her, who she is and her role in my life. She's the best.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT!
Thank you for the wonderful Mother you are. Your close relationship with Erin has made her the fantastic Mother and wife she is today.
Have a great day,
Mary

7/05/2006 11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best summary of Mom, so far. My childhood, too, is full of the moments when I realized (even at a young age) just how great Mom is. She's always so positive, taking joy in even the littlest of things. She's definitely my inspiration!
amy rose

7/11/2006 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home