Thursday, August 24, 2006

Cheese!


Well, Grandma Pat, it's not so hard to get a smile anymore. Her little face just lights up, and then there's that gummy grin. I was dancing with her today and she was laughing more than she ever has, just cracking up.

That's the thing...everything is new, or new and improved. I see her do something for the first time, and it takes my breath away. It's like I'm in shock, and I want to grab the camera or pick up the phone to call someone, and then I realize this is going to happen over and over again. So I stop and focus, and take that moment, that special first time, and tuck it away in my heart to recall for years to come.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin I do the same thing with your Mother--Just take a moment and tuck it away in my heart

8/25/2006 7:46 PM  
Blogger Auntie Ann said...

She is so beautiful. Just looking at that photo makes me smile!

8/26/2006 9:01 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Just continue to tuck those special moments away in your heart, it's what makes you the wonderful Mother that you are.

8/27/2006 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home