Thursday, April 05, 2007

My birthday dinner

was at Maitre d' in La Jolla. We went with Amy and Josh. The place was really amazing, so amazing they had no high chair. Our waiter Sasha brought out some leopard print pillows and we tied Marlo to her chair with a tablecloth...



Below is the swan ice scuplture that held our raspberry sorbet that they served between courses. (He brought one for Marlo too)

Here is Sasha making ONE of our desserts, Bananas Foster:

I loved the fabric on the walls.


Sasha took Marlo into the kitchen to meet Chef Louie.

Every detail was beautiful...

There were gorgeous oil paintings everywhere.

I loved this lamp...

We had souffles, the best I'd ever had. Marlo had her very own.


Oh my goodness, it was so amazing. The restaurant was just floor to ceiling french, all kinds of interesting decor. I wanted to take everything home with me. The food was unbelievable.

Thanks to everyone for the phone calls and flowers and thanks to my sweet husband, sister and brother-in-law for a great time. A day not to be forgotten...

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

GOOD TIMES!

4/05/2007 5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a place to visit when we come down. I'll stop taking your mother to Burger King, we'll save the money for this special place. Love you mental, mental.

4/05/2007 6:53 PM  
Blogger Auntie Ann said...

That restaurant looks amazing...Im so glad you had a great day! Thats great that they were so cute with Marlo...sometimes those fancy places dont even allow kids...I love that!

4/05/2007 7:10 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Wow..it looks like an amazing place! Nothing is too good for our girl on her Birthday!

4/05/2007 8:33 PM  
Blogger sarah marie. said...

hi erin. i don't think we've ever met but i'm ann and amy's friend sarah. i hope you don't mind me looking at your blog. anyway..i just found out that we have the same birthday so i just wanted to say that i hope you had a good one.

4/06/2007 9:44 AM  
Blogger Christmas Queen said...

I'm happy you all went to such a wonderful place because you deserve it. Happy Birthday!

4/06/2007 10:47 PM  
Blogger amy said...

happy birthday erin....
sounds like you had a good one!

4/09/2007 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home