Friday, April 13, 2007

Carlsbad flower fields





Wasn't quite the photographic opportunity I had hoped for, but it was really beautiful in person. Anyway it is fields of ranunculus...I had always thought they were tulips when I drove by. They're grown for the bulbs and they only sell like 2% of the flowers, the rest are left to die back and be seeds for next season. Pretty fascinating.
I also learned that the poinsettia came from Mexico. Had anyone ever heard that before?
We would have stayed longer but it was a really windy day. We'll have to go again before the flowers are gone in May.

5 Comments:

Blogger MJD said...

Erin-for some reason I no longer have your phone number (no caller id on my cell last night). And then I attempted to send you an email today which got kicked back. Call again and leave your number pleae?? It was great to hear your voice. I miss you.

Love Marcy

4/13/2007 8:48 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

these are beautiful!!! i have driven by there many times but never gone and walked around, maybe when i come the end of the month!!!?

4/13/2007 9:36 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

These are beautiful and I love Marlo pointing to all of the flowers!
I've never walked around the fields...I need to make a visit!

4/13/2007 1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin, wait til John sees your flower pictures. P.S. will you print the Marlo at Ad Hoc pictures? I want to take them to the restaurant - they are awesome photos!

4/13/2007 7:38 PM  
Blogger Christmas Queen said...

You did a wonderful job capturing the beauty of these flower fields. Beautiful photographs!

4/17/2007 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home